Great Meadows Board of Education
Board Member Vacancy
The Great Meadows Board of Education has a vacancy on the Board of Education to be filled by a resident of Liberty Township. The appointed term shall be from date of appointment through December 31, 2021.
Those eligible residents of Liberty Township having an interest in filling the position shall send a resume and a letter providing information summarizing their interest in the position. All letters must be received by 4:00 pm on Wednesday, May 5, 2021.
Interviews will be held by the Board of Education at our special scheduled public board meeting during public session on Thursday, May 13, 2021. Interested persons will be notified as to a specific time for the interview.
Letters should be sent to: Mr. Eric Burnside, School Business Administrator/Board Secretary, c/o Great Meadows Board of Education, P.O. Box 74, Central School, 281 Route 46, Great Meadows, NJ 07838 or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
· is a citizen of the United States of America
· must be at least 18 (eighteen) years of age
· must be able to read and write
· be a resident of Liberty Township for at least one year preceding the date of the appointment
· is not disqualified as a voter pursuant to N.J.S.A. 19:4-1
· is a registered voter in the district
· is not disqualified from membership for the conviction of crimes pursuant to N.J.S.A. 18A:12-1*
*Within 30 days of appointment to the board, a member must undergo a criminal history background check through the New Jersey Department of Education.
The Board of Education will review the letters of all interested Liberty Township residents meeting the qualifications for Board membership. The Great Meadows Regional Board of Education selects the person to fill any vacated seats.